Elder Levi Wise

Elder Levi Wise
"A missionary is someone who leaves there family for two years so others can be with their family for eternity"

Elder Wise has been on his mission:

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Saints United Voices (Gladys Knight Concert) - March 19, 2013


Dear Family,

This week was great! We found out about transfers last night :) I am staying with Elder Huckvale :) Which is great! We had a good talk this week and we ended up having a conference call with our zone and our Mission President joined and we talked about the importance of obedience. So things are going great and I am really excited. We have 4 baptism dates on for EASTER!!!! What a day to be baptized on right?

We had the Saints Unified Voices, Gladys Knight event this last weekend.. It was really busy.. Our Mission President gave us permission to give some Sister Missionaries a ride to it to save miles.. We had some responsibilities there so we were there all day Friday and Saturday. We didn't get home until 1:00 am.. So we were driving at midnight with 2 Sisters in the car.. It seemed really apostate hahahahaha.. We took a video of it being really late and Sisters being in the car.

Elder Huckvale and I got to talk to Gladys Knight and her husband William McDowell! He is funny! We shook their hand and laughed. It was great :)

It was really good.. We got about 10 referrals in our area and 215 referrals throughout the mission from this event. We contacted all of ours yesterday and they all have a lot of potential so we are really excited! :)

This week, I learned how important it is to not work beyond what you have strength haha.. I was so tired this weekend I couldn't think. I was driving yesterday and I asked Elder Huckvale to drive because I felt like I was going to fall asleep. It was really interesting. I have never been so tried in my entire life. 8 hours of sleep every night is really important. :)

I gave a talk on Sunday about the gospel of Christ and how it is taught in the Bible and the Book of Mormon. I thought it went really well :) I love the Book of Mormon so much. I have been using it in my teaching and contacting more and it has made my teaching a lot more powerful!

I love you all and appreciate everything! 

Love :)
Elder Wise

No comments:

Post a Comment