Elder Levi Wise

Elder Levi Wise
"A missionary is someone who leaves there family for two years so others can be with their family for eternity"

Elder Wise has been on his mission:

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

What is a MISSIONARY? - June 5, 2012

Dear Family,

Yep I did get my peddle fixed. It cost me about 35 because the entire crank was messed up. Then I also had to buy some chain lubricant. So it cost me just under 50 bucks to get it all fixed and get chain lubricant. Thank you for putting the 25 in there randomly :) I appreciate your love and kindness!

Oh ya, I remember senior boards week. They were stressful, but they were nice when I didn't have to do them :) I would hate to swim in Lacamas lake :P That lake truly is pumped in from sewage tanks :P GROSS! There are some lakes here that are much worse though :P (Liana and I just swam in Lacamas Lake this past week in preparation for an upcoming triathlon on June 9th - it was gross! :)

We were walking down this ghetto part of town yesterday and these two black ladies said "Hey you1" So we turned to look for them and we found them and went to talk to them. One lady was a hardcore baptist and was shouting "HALLELUJAH JESUS, THANK YA JESUS" haha. It was sort of entertaining. But the other lady was really elect. She is really open and is looking for a church. It was great!

We also are going to see a former investigator today who's son has cancer. She asked us to come back over. She dropped us last time because she was really busy with his chemo and everything. So we are really excited to see her today. This last week we worked a lot with less active and recent convert members. We did a lot of service and gave quite a few blessings. It was a really good week. Lot's of work done :)

We also got a sweet media referral from mormon.org that we scheduled an appointment with tomorrow :) So things are going pretty well!

Mom, I cant wait to train with ya to do a triathlon either :) So I have been running every morning for about three weeks now. Sometimes I do a sprint workout and sometimes I will just run. We only have 30 minutes to work out though so the longest I have ran is 3 miles. We ride our bikes everywhere. So let me tell ya, I am sore and my legs are getting toned :) I still need to work on my upperbody :P haha.. still a twig :) We should do a Wise family triathlon sometime. All of us together :) I dont think Teagen or Micah or Dad would like that idea. haha. Who knows? maybe they would! Would you ??

It is crazy how fast time flies. I feel like I just started training Elder Thomas a week or two ago. Transfers are this week. So 6 more weeks left of training which will only feel like 2 weeks :P

This morning I was reading in Luke! 


 "41 And he was withdrawn from them about a stone’s cast, and kneeled down, and prayed,
 42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
 43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.
 44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground."

I have been praying lately for more respect and appreciation towards the Atonement. So I have been studying it a lot. These verses just hit me! A angel came to strenghten him because the pain was so great! I never knew that before. It just gave me so much more appreciation and love for my Savior and the Atonement. I was also reading another scripture in the Book of Mormon. I can't remember where it is, but it just reminded me that everything I want - eternal life with my family, and to live with my Father in Heaven again - is only possible through the Atonement. There is no way I could have any of that without Jesus Christ.

I love you all and I am so grateful for all of you :) Thank you so much for your love. I miss you a ton!

A missionary is someone who leaves there family for two years so others can be with their family for eternity 

:) What a great work to do :) I love sharing this gospel with my brothers and sisters! So we can all be in the Celestial kingdom together! Thank you for raising me up in the right way! :) I love you so much for your hard work and devotion towards helping me! You will be re-paid! :) Just wait and see haha :)

WITH MUCHO MUCHO LOVE
Elder Levi Wise

ps do all of you have a mormon.org profile?? Stockton? Micah? Dad? Teagen? Tish? I know Mom has one! It is a wonderful way to share the gospel through facebook and email. Brother Bass puts his URL on a mormon.org passalong card and leaves them with tips at resturaunts :) SMALL ways to share the gospel and that can turn into the salvation of our brothers and sisters :) LOVE YA :)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment