Elder Levi Wise

Elder Levi Wise
"A missionary is someone who leaves there family for two years so others can be with their family for eternity"

Elder Wise has been on his mission:

Monday, February 6, 2012

Elder Wise meets Elder Huckvale! - February 2nd, 2012

Dear Family,

Okay, so you know that I am in Gainesville. I have no idea what Brother Bedont is talking about because I am in a pretty nice area. (Curtis Bedont told me it was a dangerous area, which DROPPED my heart of course - thank you CURTIS!!!! :) There is a couple ghetto's but nothing to worry about.

Well, I got white washed. My companion is Elder Riggs. The one that was in the apartment with me in Palatka.

I have something that will be interesting for you to hear. President Barry called me to be an online missionary. So yes, I have a facebook account that I am on an hour a day.. and no mom, you cant add me as a friend.. sorry haha.. (to which later I found out he is wrong! I CAN add him, just can't directly communicate with him, but I can comment on his posts/help him teach and he has to block all of MY posts!....FAIR!) I dont know exactly how it all works yet but I am working on getting started.

Things I want included in my package would be:
1. The Triple
2. Stake Directory
3. I think you said you are sending stamps right? I HOPE YOU ARE ;)
4. JUNK FOOD so I can get fat
5. THE BUDGET :) if you can...

I dont eat with members too often... I've only had about 1 or 2 a month most of my mission. But we have had a meal everyday except one since I have been here so I dont know completely... and I only eat out once a month..

So we got white washed into an area with NO investigators. But my goodness this ward is full of missionary work. Everyone here is from about 25-32ish and are in residency for medical things.... A TON OF KIDS AND SACREMENT IS LOUD. They all do a ton of missionary work though. Every member we have seen is either working with someone or is giving us referrals, so it has been incredible. They are all willing to do a ton of sharing. It is a really really good ward and I am loving it.. and it is a very friendly area.

We found one investigator on friday. His name is Kingsley and we taught him a very short restoration on the porch and invited us to come back tomorrow so we will see how that goes.

That is about all we got going on now though.. and DAD... this is my second transfer goof ball... I got transfered from Lake City to Palatka and now to Gainesville. Oh, and the campus isn't in my area.. but our WML is going to take us to thhe football stadium sometime and is also going to take us to some place to see a ton of gators... the WML is Brother Bass and he is the BEST WML I have ever met.... besides Dad :)

Anyways, I dont have much yet. But there will be a tons more coming soon I bet. For a little spiritual thought: In Alma 6:6, it talks about fasting and praying for the souls who know not God. I know that if we fast and pray for them and for us to have the strength to invite them we will have a lot more missionary oppurtunities come into our lives.

I love you all, I love you a ton.

Elder Wise

p.s. TELL MICAH WAY TO GO ON SHARING THE GOSPEL.... and also STOCKTON FOR DOMINATING IN BBALL... WAY TO GO BUD... oh and SEPT 13? seriously? That baby is GOING TO BE OLD when I get home.... haha

p.s.s I forgot to tell you I saw Elder Huckvale at transfer meeting and we talked quite a bit... It was really neat.. Tell Sister Huckvale that he has one of the best missionaries in the mission. NO JOKE

No comments:

Post a Comment