Elder Levi Wise

Elder Levi Wise
"A missionary is someone who leaves there family for two years so others can be with their family for eternity"

Elder Wise has been on his mission:

Monday, September 19, 2011

JESUS PEOPLE - Monday, September 19th, 2011

Dear Family,

This week has been a great week! This transfer is flying by though :( We are getting transfer calls this saturday and transfers happen September 28th! 
I have no business for you this week other than I can't wait to get your package :)
This week we also had a lot of trade offs so it has been really crazy! President Barry is really making a big push to have everyone be exactly obedient so we can be worthy to have the spirit with us when we teach and when we do that we will find more people! I can't tell you how amazing President Barry is! I am so glad he will be my Mission President until the last 2 weeks of my mission :P That  is strange but I will have a new president for 2 weeks! haha!
Anyways,
GATOR UPDATE:
Monroe: Monroe is still coming to church and he is doing really well! He is also reading the Book of Mormon! The only the he doesn't understand is that we are the only church who has the authority to baptize and everything! He thinks that a really good preacher who is really close to God is probably authorized by God to do baptism's! But we are working with him on that!
Matt: We gave Monroe a church tour this week and he randomly brought his friend Matt and we gave them a church tour and taught him the Restoration and invited him to be baptized and he accepted! He didn't come to church yesterday though so we will have to figure that out!
Lee: Elder Dyerly and I tracted into her but I was on a trade off for the lesson they taught her! So I dont know much but I know that she really liked what we taught and she fed them Crab! DANG!! Oh well, I missed out but someone took us out to Chilli's so it was okay :) haha
Chantra: We are still trying to work with her! She is a little difficult because she is hard to catch! But hopefully we can catch her soon!
Tamyra: Tamyra is a less active so she isn't really a gator! But she is amazing and a great woman! And she is reading the Book of Mormon and she is saying she will come to church but she doesn't come!
Mom, sometimes I wish you were here because I feel like you could knock a lot of sense into a lot of our gators and less actives we are working with like Tamyra! haha! (sometimes I wish I could be there too! I LOVE sharing the gospel and how it has changed my life and the happiness it has brought - when I was searching for it in all the wrong places!) 
I think it is really funny how in the South! Everyone is Baptist! Some catholics but not much! And there are three types of baptists! One is the ones that will be really nice to you and thank you for doing such great work and for going around talking about Jesus! (They call us Jesus People sometimes btw) Then there are the ones who just shut the doors in our face! Then there are the ones who tell us we are going to hell and that we are terrible people and they call themselves Bible Thumping Baptists! And they put out a bunch of non-sense to the public! There is so much more "anti" stuff about Jesus Christ's church than I thought there was! It is absolutely ridiculous and it just makes me sad : ( And we will talk to people and ask them if they have read the Book of Mormon and they will say, "Yes"! And we say, "Really? How did you like it?"  Then they would say it talks too much about Joseph Smith, you worship Joseph Smith! And I just think to myself 1. It  doesn't  talk about Joseph Smith at all except in the introduction! 2. I feel sad because they are so close minded! :(
And then you find someone who is willing to read and it makes it all worth it and I love this work! It is incredible!
Anyways, I love you all a bunch! I miss you! Thank you for supporting me! LOVE YOU! 
Elder Wise

No comments:

Post a Comment