Elder Levi Wise

Elder Levi Wise
"A missionary is someone who leaves there family for two years so others can be with their family for eternity"

Elder Wise has been on his mission:

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Independence Day (from the MTC)

I was chatting with a former missionary in our area on FaceBook on July 3rd. He asked how Levi was doing. I told him he was flying to Florida on the 4th of July. He said, "Oh, so you get talk to him tomorrow?". I said, "I DO???". He said, "Well, don't quote me b/c it depends on their travel schedule...but I wouldn't go too far from your phone".

I'm used to not getting my hopes up. We were sleeping in a camper trailer in the backyard of my in-laws b/c we were at a Wise Family Reunion all weekend and all the Wise brother's and their families had converged upon their house.I put my cell phone down on the counter a ways from my bed. At 6:30am pacific time, my cell phone rang. I leaped from my bed, stepped in my back pack, tripped down the stairs, stepped in my duffel bags and lunged for my phones. I knew when I looked the number on the phone - an "801" area code - that is was LEVI!!!

I answered and it was so wonderful to hear his voice! He said, "Where are you guys!?!" I told him we were in Coeur d'Alene for the family reunion and he said, "Oh yeah! I forgot! I called home like 6 times and thought for sure you would pick up by then. So then I tried your cell and you answered!". Oh, I would have been so upset had I missed his call!

We haven't been able to access our email either b/c AirSpeed Internet has been down or something...for several days! (almost all month) and it's getting quite irritating. So, I didn't know if I had an email there telling us he was calling, or what.

But bottom line - I got to talk to Levi. I put on speaker phone and Jim and I both got to talk to him for about 30 min! He said he has gained about 12 lbs from chocolate milk! LOL. He is all worried that he will get a companion that will run with him. He is anxious to get out in the mission field. He said the MTC was great, but it is like prison! Bars on the windows, security everywhere...he is ready to be in Florida! He said that when Elder Bednar came to talk to them, his teacher let him out late, so they had to be in an overflow area - so he was really mad at his teacher b/c he really wanted to see him in person! (I would be too!)

Levi sounded great and is off to Jacksonville, FL for his first area and to meet his trainer. As soon as I know his address and more info, I will blog!
Happy 4th of July to ALL - especially AMERICA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment