Elder Levi Wise

Elder Levi Wise
"A missionary is someone who leaves there family for two years so others can be with their family for eternity"

Elder Wise has been on his mission:

Monday, December 17, 2012

Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen? - December 17, 2013


Hello :)

I was really sad to hear about the things that happened this last week. We had several investigators text us the morning of the elementary shooting (referring to the Newtown Elementary School shooting) asking us why God would let this happen. Thank goodness for the Book of Mormon. It can answer questions simply. We shared the experience Alma and Amulek had when all the believers were being thrown into a fire. Amulek asked Alma if they could use the power of God which is in them to stop this awful thing from happening. Alma said the spirit constrains him because their blood testifies against the wicked at the last day. One scripture I love is in Doctrine and Covenants 137:10

" And I also beheld that all children who die before they arrive at the years of accountability are saved in the celestial kingdom of heaven."

We know where all those children are! :)

Well, we are going to be skyping at a family named the Smith's. I gave them Mom's cell and the home phone as well. And they should be calling to set it up.

So, I must confess. I cannot stand waiting to open a gift. It bugs me. Especially when I have no one to constrain me, I lose control and tear the gift open. Elder Bushman tried to stop me, but my brute strength was too much for him :) haha.. not really! So, thank you for the basketball shoes ;) They are sweet! I wasn't going to tell you I opened them but the spirit told me to confess :/.. the problem is.. It is going to be really hard to forsake haha!

Anyways, this week was a little frustrating for Elder Bushman and I. Satan is a terrible spirit. UGH! One of our investigators who had a baptism date for the 23rd went nuts on us and doesn't want us to come back until after Christmas. It is a long story. Another that was supposed to happen this week is pushed back until this weekend hopefully. Our mission is doing incredible though. 

I will send out the package for you all today. I love you all! Next week I will email you. But it will be very short. I mean I will talk to you face to face the next day.. sort of. Over the internet!

I love you!
Elder Wise

No comments:

Post a Comment